Been a Windows user, you probably understand that you need to perform a Winzip Install which is a tool for creating and extracting archived files. This can be to archive your files for protection, or to extract downloaded files on which might have been compressed.
They are built-in encryption features, allowing you to securely protect archives you create with a passphrase. Windows only features built in support for ZIP files, but third-party tools like Winzip completely add support for other common types of archives like RAR and 7z. WinZip allows you to compress files and to open compressed files in
.zip format. WinZip also has built-in support for most popular file compression and archive formats, including
.gzip, BinHex (
.hqx), cabinet (
.cab), Unix compress, and tar.
Why Should You Use Winzip?
WinZip costs a minimum of $30, while WinRAR costs $29 but also available for free download. Its the best tool for extracting files and templates in zip files format so you will need the software to unzip them.
- WinZip extracts all the files to a temporary folder
- The Setup program (setup.exe) is run
- WinZip deletes the temporary folder and files
WinZip and WinRAR are popular household names, these tools are free and the best if you compare with commercial software applications that nag you to spend money rather than just doing their job and getting out of the way. This tutorial will guide you through downloading and installing WinZip software to your PC. This tutorial will guide you through downloading and installing WinZip software to your PC.
WinZip has a more modern looking interface out of the gate. It also does not include a lot of advanced features, that might confuse the user, which some people will appreciate. It has a plug-in system that allows you to open and extract common files. Winzip offers support for archive formats like ZIP and Rar, newer been a challenge dealing with archive formats you probably use in the world.
Downloading and Installing WinZip
- Open the WinZip official website to download a trial version of the software: Click the “Download WinZip Now” button:
- Save the file somewhere on your hard disk by clicking the “Save file” button in the pop up window.
- Open the folder after the download is complete, check where the setup file is saved and double-click on it to start the installation:
After locating the download folder on your computer: shown in the image above. Follow the following stages to complete installation process.
- Select Run to start the installation of WinZip: After the installer wizard downloads and optimizes the necessary packages
- click Next button and the Finish button to complete the Winzip Install:
NOTE: If the software you downloaded came in a Zip file (.zip or .zipx) and it includes a Setup program, open the Zip file, click the Tools tab, and click the Unzip and Install button. If you have difficulty installing the software you could look in the Zip file for a ReadMe file (readme.txt, readme.doc, etc) which may include instructions. Otherwise, questions concerning your downloaded software should be directed to the person or company from whom you received the software.
After you click Unzip and Try a dialog will open. You should check the settings and make configuration changes if desired. Then you would click OK.
How To Unzip Files After Winzip Install
- WinZip will create it If the specified folder does not already exist, If the folder already exists and contains files, WinZip will delete the files (after asking your permission, of course). This ensures that the folder will contain only files from the current archive.
- WinZip extracts files in the current archive to the specified folder
- Optional configuration – WinZip creates a second folder, located in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. If a folder with the specified name already exists, WinZip will delete it after getting your permission. This ensures that the folder will contain only icons for files in the current archive.
- Optional configuration – In the second folder, WinZip creates shortcuts to the extracted files.
- WinZip then opens a folder window which will either display the files that have been unzipped or shortcut icons for the extracted files if you configured this option.
WinZip manages to live up to expectations, but also to impress with the amount of tools it comes equipped with. Making a process of file extraction more than a simple compression utility, quickly going down the path of being a powerful office assistant. Go on an discover the magic potential of WinZip once more by yourself.