Common modern Huawei routers come with a preinstalled default username and password. On all the routers I have come across.the default IP address is 184.108.40.206. So in the moments you fail to actually remember your default password,especially for the B315-471D . To perform a Router reset to the main factory default password, because the credentials are needed when you try to log into the Huawei router’ to change any settings.
The B315 HUAWEI 4G Router allows any internet connection to be made through a 4G SIM cards. It also features a USB 2.0 port for HDD, flash drives, network storage devices and printers. Enhanced Wi-Fi wireless coverage which extends depending with the network strength and eliminates poor signals and you can connect more than 30 devices. The HUAWEI delivers maximum speeds of up to 150 Mbps if you are using the Ethernet port.
How to change password
There two known ways you can change the routers default password and the username.
STEP 1: Reset the router to its default settings by simply holding the reset button found under the router. Make sure the device is witched on and Hold it tightly for at least 10 second using a pin.
- After the Huawei router is powered on, hold the reset button
- Unplug the power of the router and hit the button for another 30 seconds
- Turn on the power to the device while still holding the reset button for another 30 seconds.
STEP 2: The other method, Make sure you have internet connected.
Most routers have a similar and use same IP address such as:
Have access to the router for you to start in a process of changing your router password.
The most fastest method is to do it through the web browser, such as Google chrome, Explorer, Firefox,and Safari. In the manual book look if there is anything specifying the IP address of the router. If there is nothing do not worry this can be done even with or without the manual book
- To start first of all Open your browser
- Go the address 192.168.0.1
- Choose Change Wireless Password
- Finally Enter the default router settings and the new username and password as shown below
Password: admin1 or passwords
If there is nothing working then follow the steps of rebooting and switching it off again, until it works.
- After the above stage Enter the new wireless password you prefer.
- Choose Apply to save your new password settings.
- Make sure Reconnect all the current devices and reconnect them back with a new password.