Wireless networks are accessible to anyone within the router’s transmission radius. This makes them vulnerable to attacks. Hotspots are available in public places such as airports, restaurants, parks, etc. Here’s How To Hack Wifi Password On Laptop The Quickest Way because Chances are you have a Wi-Fi network at home, or live close to one (or more) that tantalizingly pops up in a list whenever you boot up the laptop.
The problem is, if there’s a lock next to the network name (AKA the SSID, or service set identifier), that indicates security is activated. Without the password or passphrase, you’re not going to get access to that network, or the sweet, sweet internet that goes with it. In this tutorial, we will introduce you to common techniques used to exploit weaknesses in wireless network security implementations. We will also look at some of the countermeasures you can put in place to protect against such attacks.
Perhaps you forgot the password on your own network, or don’t have neighbors willing to share the Wi-Fi goodness. You could just go to a café, buy a latte, anduse the “free” Wi-Fi there. Download an app for your phone like WiFi-Map (available for iOS and Android), and you’ll have a list of over 2 million hotspots with free Wi-Fi for the taking (including some passwords for locked Wi-Fi connections, if they’re shared by any of the app’s 7 million users).
Topics You Must Understand Include:
- What is a wireless network?
- How to access a wireless network?
- Wireless Network Authentication WEP & WPA
- How to Crack Wireless Networks
- How to Secure wireless networks
- Hacking Activity: Crack Wireless Password
How to Crack Wireless Networks
There are other ways to get back on the wireless. Some require such extreme patience and waiting that the café idea is going to look pretty good. Read on if you can’t wait.
Using Windows Commands to Get the Key
This can be used if you are trying to get Wi-Fi network password. But the problem is that, it best works only if you have previously connected to the network. It only works if you’ve forgotten a previously used password.
How does it work? Well Windows 8 and Windows 10 has an inbuilt functionality that creates a memory profile, in short it serves every Wi-Fi network to which you connected.
- To hack Wifi password using the Windows Commands to Get the Key, go into a Windows Command Prompt, but you must have administrative privileges. On Windows 10 click on the Cortana search, type “cmd” and the menu will show Command Prompt; right-click that entry and select “Run as administrator.” That’ll open the black box full of white text with the prompt inside. A blinking cursor will indicate where you type.
- Check figure 1.1
- The first step is while in the command prompt, type “netsh wlan show profile“. This should load all Wi-Fi networks you had accessed and saved. Check on the list one with a password you want to recover must be among them. Copy the profile name and start typing netsh wlan show profile name=”XXXXXXXX” key=clear. Ensure you replace the XXXXXXXX with your user or Wi-fi profile name.
- 1. If your computer displays information after the above stage, look under Security Settings for the line “Key Content.” The word displayed is the Wi-Fi password.
- On macOS, open up the Spotlight search (Cmd+Space) and type terminal to get the Mac equivalent of a command prompt. Type the following, replacing the Xs with the network name.
Using Cain and Abel
Cain and Abel can be used to decode the stored wireless network passwords in Windows. We will also provide useful information that can be used to crack the WEP and WPA keys of wireless networks. Get Cain and Abel Hacking Tool Here
Decoding Wireless network passwords stored in Windows
- Download Cain & Abel from the link provided above.
- Open Cain and Abel
- Ensure that the Decoders tab is selected then click on Wireless Passwords from the navigation menu on the left-hand side
- Click on the button with a plus sign
- The decoder will show you the encryption type, SSID and the password that was used.